Wednesday 29 August 2012

The cheese stands alone


After purchasing a whole plank of feta cheese for my girlie get-together the other day and finding out that neither of them, nor my usually 'anything' eating husband could stand it…I have been in rather a pickle…or rather cheese and pickle. Am I alone here? Does the rest of he world hate feta and just me, and possibly Micky Mouse love the smooth, creamy taste of one of the best cheeses in the world? No, I decided, they were mad, and I was right. None-the-less, I did have rather a lot of cheese left over, and only a handful of days before my delicious dairy turned into blue stilton. 

My mind cast back to my friend, Asya and her dad's absolutely heaven-dish spinach and cheese pie. Now, despite the fact she tells me how to make this every time I see her, my sieve-like-brain has once again forgotten, and so I decided to wing my way through it, and of course add my own little twist to it. 

Here are my Spinach and Feta bakies.

Makes 3 mini pies

Ingredients

1. 1 egg
2. 25g feta cheese
3. 1 tsp green pesto
4. Handful of fresh spinach
5. 3 tbsp olive oil
5. 3 spring roll pastry sheets

Steps

1. Whisk the eggs and pesto together
2. Stem the spinach, then add to the mixture
3. Crumble the feta into the mixture, and beat well
4. Now fold each one of the pastry sheets twice (so that it is a quarter it's size) and push into an oiled deep cupcake baking tray
4. Add a tbsp of olive oil to the tops of each pie and brush the edges of the pastry
5. Now bake for 25min at 150 degrees
6. Finally finish with a final crumble of feta, and enjoy!

Best news is that as I know my hubbie doesn't like feta, these babies will not need to be divided. Win win situation.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, Could you put a scummy chocolate recipe for me. Preferably cupcakes. Cake.....:)
    As a savoury could you look into some of heston blumenthals stuff. He's pretty good and has new ideas
    Fromapi Tamazeir

    ReplyDelete