Wednesday 21 March 2012

Griddle me this, griddle me that

After the chicken carnage of last night, the hubbie and I felt like eating something lighter today, but still riding the high of my new griddle, I wanted to cook something else on it. 

A couple of nights ago we had some cracking fried sardines at my mum's house and I when I woke up this morning, I had a sudden urge to make some of my own. Whenever I eat this I always think of my holidays in Trinidad when my grandma used to fry batches of fish and we would eat them with a simple bread bun and lashings of hot sauce. Hmm, hmm, hmm! 

I got me to a fishmonger quick snap, and marinated some sprats in lemon and garlic. Got the grill hot and 2mins later my baby sprats were ready- still shinning in their glorious silver coats.

Oh my word…the fish literally melts in your mouth. If you like fish, do this. If you don't like fish…you soon will.


No comments:

Post a Comment